General and Medical Boarding
We know the decision to board your pet is not to be taken lightly. It’s difficult to think of your pet out of his or her home environment while you are away. Our goal at Berkeley Dog & Cat Hospital is to minimize your pet’s stress with attention, kindness, and exercise. All our guests are cared for by compassionate, well-trained, and experienced staff.
One of the many benefits of boarding your pet at our veterinary facility is that a veterinarian is available on the premises 24 hours a day should your pet need assistance for any reason. Best of all, your pet will be treated by the doctors and staff that you trust most. At BD&C we offer:
Canine Influenza Guidelines
Berkeley Dog and Cat is now requiring the Canine Influenza vaccination series for all dogs boarding with us as of April 1, 2018. The Influenza vaccine series involves an initial vaccine followed by a booster vaccine 2-4 weeks later.
We are asking that dogs have both vaccines to protect them but dogs MUST have had their initial Influenza vaccine at a minimum of 1 week prior to boarding. If your dog is going to be boarding with us soon, please call to make an appointment with a general practice doctor for a brief exam and initial Influenza vaccination.
We are requiring this with this to keep our boarding facility a safe place for your beloved pets.
Each pet staying with us must be current on the following vaccines:
- Dogs Annual Rabies, Canine Distemper/Parvo Combination & Bordatella
- Cats Feline Distemper Combination
All animals must have been examined by one of our staff veterinarians within the past year of their boarding stay.
Should any pet become ill, their condition will be assessed, the owner will be contacted if at all possible, and they will be treated accordingly at the owner’s expense.
We will not accept medications that are not in their original prescription bottles for our kennel patients. State regulations require that all medications be in their original containers with the original labeling.
Check-In and Check-Out Procedures
Our check-in and check-out procedures ensure an easy, hassle-free transition for and your pet:
- All pets will be checked in by one of our animal care attendants. A boarding health examination will be performed to ensure all pets staying at BD&C are healthy and free of disease and external parasites. There is no charge for this examination if performed by the animal care attendant. If your pet has not been seen here before or has not been seen within the last year by one of our Veterinarians, a pre-board health exam by a Berkeley Dog & Cat Veterinarian is required with an additional cost. These exams help protect all pets in the facility from communicable diseases.
- Boarding is charged per night with a one night minimum.
- Pick up and drop off times are from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Any patient picked up or dropped off outside of this time will be charged an after hours fee.