Your Pets Are Our Priority
At our veterinary animal hospital serving Berkeley, we are committed to our patients and their loving owners, backed by over a century of service and a deep passion for pets.Book An Appointment
What to Expect at a Veterinary Appointment
Understanding what to expect at your first appointment with us will help make the process and comfortable and pleasant as possible for both you and your pet.
Try to arrive about 15 minutes early (if possible). If you want to save some time, you can complete the New Patient Form online in advance.
Meet Your Veterinarian
A member of our vet team will walk through your pet's medical history and discuss any health issues they might be experiencing with you. If you have any questions, we will make sure to take the time and answer them.
Examination, Diagnosis & Treatment
Once your pet has been assessed, we will provide you with our diagnosis and the available treatment options for your pet's condition. Your vet will work with you to determine a treatment plan for your pet that works for both of you.
After your visit, we will create a detailed report of our diagnosis, the discussion we had with you, and your pet's treatment plan. We will keep this information on hand for whenever you need it.
If we are not your primary care veterinary hospital, we will keep them updated with your pet's medical history as well to make sure that they receive care that meets their needs from all vets involved.
Our Pet Care Philosophy
We are proud to serve Berkeley today and of our rich history of treating Berkeley pets for more than a century.
As a full-service veterinary hospital, Berkeley Dog & Cat Hospital provides a wide range of veterinary care services. We strive to offer scientifically advanced veterinary care as well as compassionate advice. We are committed to helping you and your family to enjoy the company of your pet companion for many years to come.
Learn more about our office policies, payment options, and appointment booking by reading through our hospital FAQs.
- Are you accepting new patients during COVID-19?
Because of COVID-19 and the challenges it poses to our capacity, Berkeley Dog & Cat Hospital will not be accepting new owners who wish to establish care for their healthy cat or dog family member at this time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- What types of payment options are available?
Payment in full is expected at the time services are provided or upon discharge of your pet. We accept payment by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Are there payment plans available for my pet’s care?
We are proud to offer CareCredit and Scratchpay as financing options. They offer an easy application process that will give you results in minutes.
- Will I be provided with an estimate of costs?
We will provide a good-faith estimate of the cost of our services prior to treating your pet. However, unforeseen circumstances may arise that impact your final bill.
We will always discuss our written estimate with all clients before they leave our facility, and require a deposit based on our estimate prior to any further treatment.
- Should I call ahead to book an appointment?
Yes, please call ahead to book an appointment to ensure we have room in our schedule to see your pet.
In the event that your pet needs emergency care during our regular business hours, please contact us right away.
- What is your appointment cancellation policy?
We would like to inform you of our CANCELLATION/NO SHOW policy:
1. In order to respect our clients' and staff's time for appointments, all new clients will be charged a non-refundable initial exam in order to secure an appointment. This will be applied to the examination upon check-in of the appointment.
2. For all clients, failure to cancel an appointment without giving us 24 hours' notice or no-showing for your appointment will result in being charged for the missed appointment.
3. For your convenience, we will call to remind you of your appointment 2 days in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment please call our office at least 24 hours prior. This will allow us to have appointment slots available for our patients with emergencies.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- What types of animals do you treat?
We take care of all small domestic pets such as cats and dogs.
- Where can I purchase my pet's prescription and food?
You can purchase all the medications and specialty food your pet needs either via our online store or our in-house pharmacy.
- What are the fees associated with a veterinary appointment?
You are financially responsible for the initial examination fee and any diagnostics or treatment that you consent to for your pet’s treatment. This payment is due at the time of service.
For further hospitalization, diagnostics, or surgery, a deposit is required upfront with payment due in full when your pet is discharged.
- What are the fees associated with an emergency visit?
A deposit payment is required for all emergency examinations. Once the staff and doctors have examined your pet, an estimate for treatment will be given to you to determine a treatment plan.
If further hospitalization, diagnostics or surgery are required, a deposit is required upfront, with payment in full due when your pet is discharged.
- Can you help with my pet insurance?
We’re happy to help you fill out pet insurance forms for your pet’s visit.
Pet Owner Resources
Here are some helpful links for your pet's health.
Access your pet's medical records with the AllyDVM app.
Fill out our Patient Forms & Questionnaires online.
Get financing with CareCredit quickly and easily.